Gather round at Locke this winter. Spend time with your friends and family, explore the local city and everything it has to offer during the winter months
Whether you’re visiting family you’ve not seen in a while, attending the winter ball with your friend at Cambridge University or having a romantic weekend break, Cambridge is the perfect city to visit during the winter.
It might be a little chilly but you can still enjoy traditional Cambridge with a cosy blanket or two and see everything you want. Punt along the River Cam, visit the Fitzwilliam Museum, do a little Christmas shopping, and see the latest pantomime, but what else is there to do in Cambridge this winter?
Here’s some local suggestions on what you can do on your winter visit:
- Visit a cosy pub or two.
- Warm yourself up with a pint of ale in one of the city’s many cozy pubs. Enjoy some hearty British food and mingle with the friendly locals while taking in the festive atmosphere. Why not check out The Astronomer in Eddington or The Pint Shop in the city centre for their festive menus.
- Wander through the historic streets.
- Bundle up and meander through the charming streets of Cambridge, from King’s Parade to the picturesque Backs. Admire the stunning architecture and soak up the winter ambiance.
- Experience Market Square.
- Discover local crafts, delicious food stalls, and maybe even catch a festive performance or two. From cheese, coffee and your local fruit and veg to foods of the world, CDs and jewellery, you’ll have everything you need and more.
- See the Cambridge Botanic Garden.
- Escape the cold and surround yourself with exotic plants and peaceful greenery. Open all year round, the garden has a range of floral displays regardless of the season.
- Explore the historic colleges.
- Stroll around the beautiful campuses of Cambridge University and discover its rich history. Don’t forget to visit King’s College Chapel, it’s stunning!
Instead of trying to fit all of this into a weekend, why not extend your stay and have an additional day!
Add more to the itinerary, enjoy some extra downtime, or see where the day takes you; as you stay a little longer, at Turing Locke. Stay 2 nights and enjoy the 3rd on Locke.
Perks of staying at Turing Locke.
Turing Locke is the perfect answer for those travelling to Cambridge this winter. Where country meets city, you get the best of both worlds. Only a 20 minute bus ride or 10 minute taxi from Eddington to the city centre, you can enjoy all the festivities that Cambridge has to offer.
Leave the bustle behind and relax in one of our beautiful designed apartments as you make yourself at home. With everything you need for a comfortable stay, including spacious living areas, fully fitted kitchens and a king size bed, Locke apartments are perfect for families, including your furry friends, solo travellers and couples. With a co-working area, fitness studio, restaurant, bar and hair salon, you don’t have to go far to change your daily routine.
Search for your chosen 3 nights at Turing Locke between 1st December 2023 – 29th February 2024 and enter code STAYLONGER to book your stay. Must be booked by the 28th December 2023.