Stella Pereira shares her recipe for chocolate and port pots de creme
• 200g chocolate (80%), finely shaved
• 80g double cream
• 120g port
• 4 egg yolks, 2 egg whites
• 60g brown sugar
Step by step:
1. Place the shaved chocolate in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
2. Add cream, sugar and port to a medium-sized pan over low heat. Allow to simmer gently. In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks, add a stream of the steamy cream mixture. Return to the pan and cook on low heat until it begins to coat the back of the spoon. Pour the custard mixture over the shaved chocolate and whisk for two to three minutes.
3. Place egg whites in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture. Pour into coffee cups or Port chalices. Serve chilled.
Words and images by Stella Pereira
Stella Pereira is a cook, cake designer and artist, originally from Portugal and now living in Cambridge.
Visit her website at www.littlecakepot.com