With New Year’s Eve fast approaching, we give you the lowdown on Cambridge’s party plans
Fancy being wined and dined on New Year’s Eve? Take a look at the mouth-watering menus at:
- The Rupert Brooke – Indulge in seasonal favourites from an à la carte menu plus specials. Dishes include duck breast, fig, brussels sprouts, pancetta, and cherry purée as a starter, turkey ballotine with wild mushrooms and dauphinoise potatoes, or sweet potato wellington for the main, followed by an eggnog brulée and rounded off with coffee and mince pies.
- Hotel du Vin – Treat yourself to three courses plus a side dish from the hotel’s seasonal à la carte menu, plus specials.
- The Old Bicycle Shop – Enjoy a set menu with five courses for just £60 per person. There will be champagne upon arrival!
For an evening of glamour, secure a spot at:
- Bedford Lodge – The Hotel & Spa will be hosting its annual New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner, starting with champagne and canapés, followed by a five course dinner including Piper and Haggis, Neeps and Tatties. £115 per person.
- The Willow Tree – Tuck in to a beautiful tasting menu prepared by Chef Steven Saunders. Families can also enjoy a fun dining experience in the Willow Tree’s iconic domes from 5pm to 7.30pm.
- The Gonville Hotel – Ring in the new year with Christmas cocktails in the bar, followed by a festive feast in the Terrace Restaurant and Winter Garden.
- Six Restaurant – Start the night off right with a peach Bellini or glass of champagne, followed by a slap-up three course meal. A live band will serenade you from 8pm onwards. £79 per person (deposit required).
If live music’s your thing, head to:
- De Luca Cucina – Enjoy a four course meal accompanied by music from the piano bar.
- Stolen – Sip and savour the last few hours of 2021 in Stolen’s Liquor Loft with NYE cocktails and a DJ set from 9pm til 1am.
- The Missing Sock – Join the party in this quirky pub’s outdoor events space, complete with live music, DJs and street food.
Dance your way into 2022 at:
- Hidden Rooms – Party from 7pm to 2am to music from Rob da Gob and Dangerous.
- Lola Lo – Make a grand entrance into 2022 with Lola’s Makahiki Masquerade.
- Vinyl – Lose yourself in a Utopia with music from the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s!
- Mash – Bring in the new year with a bang and a boogie at Mash’s Let’s Kill Disco NYE event.
- Revolution – Secure your tickets for one last night in Revs in 2021. Expect House and R&B music, plus a big announcement when the clock strikes twelve.
- The Junction – Immerse yourself in a drum and bass set by Warning. 10pm to 6am.
For something more genteel, why not try:
To keep up to date with all the latest events happening in and around Cambridge, make sure to sign up to our newsletter!