• 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, sliced lengthwise
• 200g cherry tomatoes, on the vine
• olive oil
• 1 clove of garlic, bashed
• salt & pepper
• mixed baby leaves (rocket, land cress, baby spinach, lamb’s lettuce)
• 1 small candy beetroot, shaved thinly
• toasted pumpkin & sunflower seeds
Step by step:
Place the sweet potatoes and tomatoes on the vine in a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with thyme, garlic, salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated oven at 200°C (convection oven, 220°C conventional) for 15-20 minutes.
In a serving bowl, toss leaves, beetroot, and seeds. Top with the roasted veg.
Words and images by Stella Pereira
Stella Pereira is a cook, cake designer and artist, originally from Portugal and now living in Cambridge.
Visit her website at www.littlecakepot.com